sunnuntai 3. huhtikuuta 2011

Trash fest 2011

I'll be tryin to write this blog in english from time to time so that my friends around the world can read it.
So Trash fest was this weekend and I had so much fun. This years trash fest left me with a melancholic feeling. It was the last of its kind (atleast for now...) and Still the best one I been to. Every year from Trash fest 2 I have had the best time there and now its ending. But well I'm keeping my hopes up about it coming back to Hellsinki, Hell city where It belongs.

I'm gonna go through this weekend in the order things come in to mind and I'll try to remember the right days and times that everythin happenned. I didnt sleep much so in my mind its just a one long day.

This year started for me at the kickoff-party in Semifinal. I had been waiting for a year to see Night by Night again and had made Ben a birhtday card. I had made a NxN logo out of legos and took a picture of it. Ben aparently loved it. He asked for the pic to put it up to their web site.
NxN Has a new singer Dan. First time I heard that they got a new singer I almost started to cry cause I loved Ben's singing and sometimes when a band thats already great gets a new singer changes to something totally different, but I am so glad to say that did not happen. Dan fits NxN perfectly and seems like a really down to earth guy.
Then at the kickoff there was also performin two other bands Crystal Rain and Trash gallery. Trash Gallery is gonna get its own chapter on this blog, but now for Crystal Rain. This band is finnish and I've seen the ppl from it like a thousand times in bars but never knew that they have a band... Well they were good and plus for havin a female basist.

Mama T gave me a cd of a band called Sunset Riot. It was just one song called Rattlesnake and well I decided to listen to it just cause I was waiting for the bus and there was nothin else to do. I ended up listenin to that one song for like 7 times in a row. The first thing that came in to mind was "Why the hell have I not heard of this band before?" They Rock. The singer Del was at trash fest hostin the show so on thursday (or friday...) I went and bought their cd and asked him to sign it. He was so awesome to hang out with. I really hope they get a gig in finland soon.

Every day there was awesome band performin and just hangin out in gloria. It was so nice seein the New gen guys again. I showed the NxN guys my pics and they loved them and I had them write stuff on my notebook (Ben jovi LOL)
Met Acey Slade :D He was awesome too.

Now its time for the Trash gallery chapter. This band was performin at the kickoff-party. I took pics at that gig too and they came out really great. I liked the band alot but at the start of the gig Mara was sain to me like "This is so boring" and Mara and Emmi went to sit down and well I did too after a few songs cause I was wearing heals witch I shall never do again. I hate that I did that, but my feet were hurting like hell.
The next day I went to talk to Neen the singer of TG my intention was just to say Hi! and show him some pics but as I started to talk to him I really just couldn't stop. I mean... It was so nice to just talk with him. I was tellin him stuff I really don't even like to talk about to my friends, who I've know for years. Emmi, Mara and Riikka where all like "Anni Come on U have been talkin to him like 4 hour What the hell!". For some weird reason it felt like we had known for years, maybe we have known each other in another life lol. I asked Neen and Brian (the basist of TG) to write on the notebook too. It a shame that they had to leave so early they missed the hole saturday. Those guys I'm gonna miss alot specially Neen. Hope to see them in finland or maybe I'll travel to some other country to see them.

Trash fest left me with New bands to listen to, A ton of pics, New friend and a Hell of a lot of inspiration to do what I do. This weekend gave me enought to survive this year with its ups and downs. Thank you everyone. Loved It!!!

Pics will be on my FB site and I'll start to make my own web page too when I have time.

-Frozen

Ei kommentteja: